So, the benefits of this precious 10 minutes in the morning?? De-toxes the largest organ in the body; the skin, reducing sluggishness and the winter blues; it is very nurturing and energising. Read this article from Yoga International if you are still not convinced!! Here's a summery of the article.
Here are the top five reasons to practice self-massage:
- You’re rejuvenating your body and mind. When you start your day with a 10-minute self-massage, you can meet yourself where you are. A more energetic massage stroke will vitalize the body and mind, which helps if you've been feeling mentally or physically sluggish. A more leisurely self-massage while focusing on your breath helps your mind slow down and your body relax.
- You’re detoxifying your body’s largest organ. We feel dis-ease because of the accumulation of toxins. As you massage your body, you’re promoting the flushing out of impurities and toxins through your skin. Proper elimination is a key part of feeling energized and ready to engage fully with life.
As you massage your body, you’re promoting the flushing out of impurities and toxins through your skin.
- You’re stimulating your body’s energetic channels so your energy flows freely. According to Ayurveda, your life force (prana) flows through channels called nadis. Self-massage stimulates your energetic channels, promoting the easy flow of prana through your mind and body. Prana is your body’s natural intelligence and when it’s flowing properly your body's innate healing power is activated.
- You’re promoting youthfulness. Self-massage increases your vibrancy, promoting soft and lustrous skin. Its detoxifying, energetic, and balancing effects promote the qualities we associate with being youthful, such as resilience, joy, and vitality.
- You’re nurturing yourself. Self-massage is one of the most incredible acts of self-kindness and love . By taking 10 minutes each morning for this practice, you turn off your inner critic, and you turn on your ability to relax into that part of you that is pure being, beauty, and bliss.