In August this year I immersed myself in the world of Ayurveda on a weekend retreat at the Snowdonia Mountain Lodge, home of Dru Yoga. I learned that my 'dosha' is predominantly Vata and I learnt new lifestyle tips to keep myself more in balance and in tune with my body, mind and emotions.
They say new habits take 21 days to stick, so 3 months later, I can say some have stuck and some have not!
The morning routine of Dinacharya has become the thing that gets me out of bed early and I am really feeling the benefits. My favourite addition to my morning routine is warm lemon water, first thing in the morning. I go downstairs, put the kettle on, two slices of lemon in a glass, half fill the glass with cold water, mash the lemon with a teaspoon and fill with hot water.....here are 16 benefits of this simple new habit you can start tomorrow for your own health and well-being.
16 Health Benefits Of Drinking Warm Lemon Water
- Lemon is an excellent and rich source of vitamin C, an essential nutrient that protects the body against immune system deficiencies
- Lemons contain pectin fibre which is very beneficial for colon health and also serves as a powerful antibacterial
- It balances to maintain the pH levels in the body
- Having warm lemon juice early in the morning helps flush out toxins
- It aids digestion and encourages the production of bile
- It is also a great source citric acid, potassium, calcium, phosphorus and magnesium
- It helps prevent the growth and multiplication of pathogenic bacteria that cause infections and diseases
- It helps reducing pain and inflammation in joints and knees as it dissolves uric acid
- It helps cure the common cold
- The potassium content in lemon helps nourish brain and nerve cells
- It strengthens the liver by providing energy to the liver enzymes when they are too dilute
- It helps balance the calcium and oxygen levels in the liver In case of a heartburn, taking a glass of concentrated lemon juice can give relief
- It is of immense benefit to the skin and it prevents the formation of wrinkles and acne
- It helps maintain the health of the eyes and helps fight against eye problems
- Aids in the production of digestive juices
- Lemon juice helps replenish body salts especially after a strenuous workout session
This list is taken from www.foodmatters.tv...an excellent website for articles on health & wellbeing.